Happy New Year!

Posted by on 07/01/2016

Welcome back! It was lovely to see all of the Class 4 children and their families back at school on Monday.

This week we have been learning about fractions in maths. All of the children have learnt to halve shapes and have been learning the mathematical symbol for half. Lots of us also learnt about 1/4. The Year 2s have also been learning about 3/4. We learnt that when working with fractions, each section or group must be equal.

In English we learnt the poem ‘Let me do it’,’ by Michael Rosen. It starts as quite a sensible poem but later on he changes some of the verbs around so instead of saying let me lick the jar, he writes let me lick the car. We all enjoyed this poem and found it quite funny. We then had a lot of fun writing our own versions of the poem with some silly sentences in. E.g.

Let me cook the cat

Let me bite the frog

Let me stroke the pizza

Let me catch the log.